Self Align is happy to announce
Primary & Advanced Certificate Training: Applications of RE & CBT with Children and Adolescents - Conducted by Dr Ann Vernon - President, The Albert Ellis Institute, NY (AEI)
The Primary & Advance Certificate Course in Child and Adolescent Counselling designed by Dr Ann Vernon, President - The Albert Ellis Institute, and author of numerous books on the subject, is a seven-day practica on applying principles and strategies of Rational Emotive & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to children, adolescents and parents.
Participants will learn to practically apply -
- Not just RE & CBT skills but also specific tools, like creative games and exercises, especially devised and aimed at making the ABC model developmentally appropriate for children and adolescents, by Dr Vernon.
- Innovative strategies for dealing with disorders like depression, anxiety, anger, procrastination, self-acceptance, grief, stress, ADHD, ODD/conduct disorders, etc. in children and adolescents, through simple yet novel interventions.
- Dr Vernon’s methodology in RE & CBT, is an eye-opener to effective parenting, providing extremely beneficial parenting techniques.
Skill development is given prime importance throughout the 7 day period by way of supervised peer counselling so that participants get ample practice to hone their skills before they get ready to apply them on the job. The certification comes directly from AEI, NY.
Please note, it is preferable that applicants to this practicum have a basic understanding of RE & CBT through a workshop conducted on the same. Certificates will be awarded by AEI, NY.
The minimum qualification for the Child and Adolescent Certificate is one of the following -
- Master’s degree in Psychology;
- Counselling, or Marriage and Family therapy;
- MSW, Registered nurse (state certified); and
- other mental health professionals.
Students and other members of allied helping professionals are eligible for the course, but will not receive the Professional Certificate until minimal degree requirements are met. (They may, however, be eligible for the Paraprofessional Certificate).
Individuals who do not qualify under the eligibility criteria may participate in the practica but will receive a Paraprofessional Certificate. Upon completion of the required educational requirements, they may apply for the Professional Certification.
- Dr Ann Vernon – President, AEI
- Gauri Row Kavi – Associate Fellow & Supervisor AEI, Founder of Self Align – An AEI Affiliated Centre
Details, Costs, Contact Information
Date for Primary - 18th - 20th February 2019
Date for Advance - 22nd - 25th February 2019
Venue - Hyderabad, India. (Address to be shared closer to the date)
Investment, Primary & Advance - INR 91,000/-
Fees include taxes, certificate cost of AEI, course material, lunch and refreshments.
Payment Options -
- Early Bird - INR 89,000/-
- Group Discount - If two or more participants register and pay together, the cost would be INR 87,000/- for each of those participants
- Pay in Full - Additional INR 2,000/- off on investment.
- Pay INR 20,000/- - To block your seat; pay balance amount in two instalments.
- Phone - +91 9885154320
- Email - email@example.com